- Nominee must be an undergraduate member of the University of California, Davis in good academic standing based on GPA.
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time and/or current Planned Education Leave Program student of the University of California, Davis.
- Nominee must be an hourly employee of the ASUCD.
Customer Service – A student with a high degree of customer service:
- Makes a customer feel appreciated and important.
- Exhibits politeness and helpfulness toward customers in problematic situations.
- Listens to customers and leaves a positive lasting impression on them.
Initiative – A student with initiative:
- Goes above and beyond normal duties
- Maintains productivity throughout the shift, accurately completing assignments.
- Volunteers for any assignment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Arrives to shift early and stays late to ensure all the needs of the unit are met.
Teamwork – A student with a strong sense of teamwork:
- Works all scheduled shifts plus regularly takes shifts on behalf of fellow workers.
- Builds strong relationships with co-workers.
- Treats fellow workers with respect.
- Serves as a positive example to the rest of the student employees.
- Completes their own duties and makes effort to assist fellow workers to complete their tasks.
Contribution to employer – A student who makes a significant contribution to the unit’s management team:
- Supports management team, including student supervisors, student managers and career managers.
- Exhibits a strong sense of maturity when dealing with difficult issues.
- Seeks to be promoted.
- Maintains an exemplary service record with the unit.
- Contributes value to the overall department functionality.
- Balances work, academics and outside interests successfully.
The winner(s) are selected by the Mark and Linda Champagne Customer Service Award Committee.