College is already hard enough. But when you factor in the difficulties of securing housing for your next year, along with the trials of finding the right roomie, it can be a bit of a tricky process. HAUS, an ASUCD unit, is here to help!
Officially known as Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students, HAUS is prepared to launch this year’s edition of Housing Day. This event connects prospective students with a diverse array of presenters, including Aggie House, Basic Needs Center, University Credit Union, the City of Davis, as well as many complexes in the area.
But Housing Day is only one part of what is really Housing Week, a five-day event with each day highlighting a unique aspect of the college housing experience. So let’s break it down into something more digestible:
- Day 1 – Resources, February 28 from 6-8 p.m. in the Mee Room (MU 3rd floor) (In-person/Virtual). This general info-session is meant to introduce students to the housing resources available at their disposal.
- Day 2 – Safe Housing Practices, March 1 from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Mee Room (In-person/Virtual). A must-attend for first-time renters, this event focuses on the importance of being safe when sorting out your first housing endeavors.
- Day 3 – Finances, March 2 from 2-3 p.m. on Zoom + 2 Prerecorded Workshops (Virtual). All you need to know about the money! Overview of managing your housing finances when it comes to budgeting and spending. Click here for more information on financial aid and scholarships.
- Day 4 – HOUSING DAY, March 3 from 5-8 p.m. at University Credit Union Center (In-person). This is the big one! This housing extravaganza will host over 30 complexes aimed at making your next steps as easy and comfortable as possible.
- Day 5 – Future Roomies, March 4 from 6-7 p.m. on Zoom (Virtual). If you thought the day before was fun, get ready to meet your future roomie at this social mixer!
At the end of the day, securing housing for your next year can certainly be tough. But we’re all pretty lucky to have a unit like HAUS on our side. They have accomplished the seemingly impossible task of making college housing easy and comfortable.
If you would like to learn more about the five days of Housing Week, stop by the HAUS website for more information. You can find all of the Zoom links to the virtual events below. And, of course, make sure to attend Housing Day – you won’t regret it!
HAUS Facebook Page – HERE
HAUS Instagram Page – HERE
Aggie House Website – HERE
UCD Off-Campus Housing and Roomate Finder – HERE
Davis Apartment Map – HERE
Basic Needs Advocate – HERE
City of Davis Rental Resources Program – HERE
University Credit Union – HERE
Financial Aid and Scholarships – HERE
Do you have an idea for a blog post?
It’s easy to pitch your idea to us. Just fill out this form and our team will be happy to review the submission!
Writer(s): Brandon Ball