The ASUCD President and Vice President are elected during the seventh week of winter quarter. The executives serve 1 year terms with no term limits.
This page includes all relevant information for the held Fall 2012 ASUCD Executive Elections.
- Elections Calendar
- Instructions for candidate flyers
- Instructions for candidate platform statements
Click here to see more information on the official UC Davis Elections site.
Below is a copy of the Fall 2012 Elections Calendar. *NOTE* That dates are subject to change. Any physical copy of the calendar is not official – this online version will be the official calendar.
|Tue, Oct. 16th (12 NOON)||Nominating Petitions Available @ the Student Government Administrative Office (SGAO), 3rd floor, Memorial Union (MU).|
|Tue, Oct. 23rd (12 NOON)||Petitions due @ SGAO.|
|Mon, Oct. 23rd (time TBD)||Mandatory Candidate Workshop @ [Location/Time TBA]. *NOTE*, candidate pictures will be taken.|
|Fri, Oct. 26th||Official list of candidates posted online|
|Mon, Oct. 29th (12 NOON)||Flyer Design Due (Hard Copy @SGAO by 12 ONLY)|
|Mon, Oct. 29th (11:59 PM)||Platform Statement Due via email to the Elections Committee Chair|
|Tue, Oct. 30th (12 NOON)||Flyer Pickup #1 @ SGAO|
|Tue, Oct. 30th (12 NOON)||Deadline for withdrawal from the elections (see Bylaw 417A)|
|Mon, Nov. 5th (12 NOON)||Request for additional flyers due (instructions will be emailed to candidates)|
|Tue, Nov. 6th (12 NOON)||Expenditure form #1 due|
|Tue, Nov. 6th (12 NOON)||Coffee House Debate (**Tentative date)|
|Wed, Nov. 6th (12 NOON) )||Flyer Pickup #2 @ SGAO|
|Wed, Nov. 7th (12 NOON)||List of elections staff posted|
|Thu, Nov. 8 (12 NOON)||Expenditure form #1 initial review results and orignal forms made available for public viewing|
|Tue, Nov. 13th (8 AM)||Voting begins at elections.ucdavis.edu|
|Fri, Nov. 16th (8 AM)||Voting ends|
|Fri, Nov. 16th (12 NOON)||Election Results Announced|
|Mon, Nov. 19th (12 NOON)||Second Expenditure Form Due @ SGAO. (Candidates may submit the form at the time of Election Results to the Elections Committee)|
|Wed, Nov. 22th (12 NOON)||Second Expenditure Form initial review and original forms made available for public viewing.|
|Thu, Nov. 23rd (12 NOON)||Deadline for any ASUCD member to file a written complaint alleging violation of Election Codes|
Official Candidate List
Candidate Flyer Instructions
All Flyers Must:
- Have the dates of the election; February 21st – February 24th, 8AM – 8AM
- Have the elections website: elections.ucdavis.edu
- Be 8.5”x11”
- Have the name of the candidate and the office for which they are running
- Be turned into SGAO (348 MU) by Thursday, February 2nd at 12 NOON
Candidate Platform Statement Submission
- Statements must be 500 words or less (as determined by Word Count tool on MS Word)
- Email your statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your platform as text, not as an attachment
- No bullets, lists, or special formatting in order to ensure that text is displayed correctly. All statements will be displayed in paragraph form.
As always, send any questions to the elections committee – we’re happy to help!